Thursday 4 April 2013

its decided.

6 months ago, after finishing school, I moved to Sweden to work as an Au Pair. I moved on the 6th of October 2012, and planned to live in Sweden for the following 2 years. As I am half Swedish, I would then have been able to apply for a Swedish student loan, and then been able to study anywhere in the world: but my plan was America. However, at the Oct 2012 general conference, the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Thomas S Monson, announced that women of the church would be able to serve full time missions at the age of 19, instead of the previous 21. needless to say, in the next following months, plans changed.
With mission applications, you have a tonne of forms to fill in, which then get checked and sent off to Salt Lake (where the head quarters of the church are based), where a board decides in which mission you will serve. For example, the Manchester England Mission or the Auckland New Zealand Mission.
My own papers (the mission application forms and such), were sent off around 2 weeks ago, and can be tracked by my local church leaders, who have informed me that Salt Lake have decided, and that my call is in the post, waiting to get to me. 

Waiting. 
For months my mission has been this unknown thing. I've been trying to prepare myself, for something I could not possibly visualise, as a mission in the north of the country I have grown up in will be a completely different experience to say if I'm called to a pacific island. There is room no more for speculation in my head: thoughts of "oh, I wonder if I'm called there". Because I have been called somewhere. It is written on a piece of paper that bares the presidents of the church's signature at the bottom. "Sister Stanbury" has been called to labour in the _________ mission, ______ speaking. Its no longer thoughts in my head. It is assigned. 
Waiting.
Maybe I'll get it this week. 
Or next.
I don't know.
Its driving me crazy. but crazy with what? curiosity? excitement? fear? All I know, is that "crazy", is an appropriate adjective to describe myself, at this given moment in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment